This is such a delicious but simple supper recipe. You could serve it with roast sweet potatoes or a quinoa salad but I like to use bought or homemade gluten free flatbreads or buy gluten free pittas (i've not mastered these at home yet) and use it as a filling. Add some fresh chilli to the pan or roast the vegetables in a little chilli oil if you want to spice it up a little.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 courgettes chopped into think wedges
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded and chopped
- 3 lemon thyme sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- A drizzle of olive oil (or chilli oil if you like it spicy)
- Sea salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Place the Mushrooms and vegetables in a roasting tray and tuck the rosemary and thyme underneath so they don’t burn in the oven.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest and juice and sumac over the top, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve in gluten free pitta breads or flatbreads or with some and roasted sweet potato wedges or a quinoa salad.