Have you ever tried a Blondie? It’s like a brownie but without the cocoa! They’re one of my latest addictions so I’ve been working on a healthy protein packed recipe to take advantage of this trend. Here’s our favourite so far. Totally delicious, packed with protein and all the gooey-ness of a brownie!
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained – reserve 6 tablespoons liquid
120g almond butter
120g dates – I like Medjool or Deglet Noor
20g rapeseed oil
50g maple syrup
50g roast peanuts – roughly chopped (depending on how much crunch you like)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Optional Toppings: Chopped nuts, raw cacao nibs, vegan chocolate chunks etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a 20cm baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the chickpeas, liquid and dates into your food processor or Nutri-bullet and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add all other ingredients and blend again.
- Spoon your mixture into the prepared tin and top with your toppings of choice.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Remove and let cool completely before slicing.
Store the fridge for 4 days. Believe me it won’t last that long!