When scientific studies rave about chocolate’s incredible health benefits they aren’t usually referring to the dairy and sugar-loaded chocolate bars we’re all used to. Instead, they’re talking about cacao.
Cacao – a raw product made by cold-pressing cocoa beans – is supercharged with antioxidants, vitamins and phytochemicals. That’s just one reason I drink ceremonial cacao as part of my daily lifestyle rituals and have started holding weekly cacao ceremonies to introduce more people to this incredible plant medicine.
From manganese and zinc to potassium and iron, cacao boasts a whole load of nutrients as well as neuro-transmitters designed to help boost your moon. One of the most impressive minerals is magnesium – a mineral that plays a part in more than 300 biochemical reactions. And with 500mg of the mineral found in every 100g cacao, what better excuse to indulge in this chocolatey superfood?
What is Magnesium good for?
Magnesium is a nutrient that the body needs to stay healthy butis often one of the things most lacking in a Western diet. Magnesium is important for many processes in the body, including regulating muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure and making protein, bone, and DNA. In a recent article for Healthline magazine scientists looked at 12 evidence based health benefits including
- 1. Magnesium Is Involved in Hundreds of Biochemical Reactions in Your Body
- It May Boost Exercise Performance
- Magnesium Fights Depression
- It Has Benefits Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Magnesium Can Lower Blood Pressure
- It Has Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
- Magnesium Can Help Prevent Migraines
- It Reduces Insulin Resistance
- Magnesium Improves PMS Symptoms
- Magnesium Is Safe and Widely Available.
For more info on each of these topics read the full article here: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-magnesium-benefits#11